The mission of the School of Nursing is to provide accessible, high quality undergraduate and graduate education to diverse student populations for the development of nurse leaders at all entries of practice. The mission will be accomplished through:
- Innovative programs that reflect the needs and current trends in healthcare of neighboring communities and the wider geographic regions;
- Provision of state-of-the-art healthcare and serve as a resource to the surrounding and global communities;
- Research that advances the scientific and theoretical foundations of nursing.
By the year 2020, the Stony Brook School of Nursing will be a top tier public school of nursing recognized for excellence in research, education and practice.
I REACH UP
The School of Nursing's goals...
- Educate a diverse population of students for professional nursing practice in a variety of settings.
- Provide educational access to geographically dispersed students through innovative programs and evolving technologies.
- Contribute to the scholarly development of the profession through integration of theory, research, and clinical practice.
- Provide an educational foundation to promote cultural competence, ethical sensitivity, leadership and life-long learning.
- Prepare for global improvement of healthcare through individual, collaborative, and interdisciplinary efforts.
- Provide an environment and infrastructure that supports faculty teaching, scholarship, research, service and practice.
- Provide a mechanism for continuous program assessment, evaluation, and improvement.