The mission of the School of Nursing is to provide accessible, high quality undergraduate and graduate education to diverse student populations for the development of nurse leaders at all entries of practice. The mission will be accomplished through innovative programs that reflect the needs and current trends of society. Our programs are implemented by faculty who are committed to education of the highest standards and who promote clinical practice, scholarly activity, and research that advances scientific and theoretical foundation of nursing.
The vision of the School of Nursing is to become a destination public Ivy for students, faculty, and researchers.
- Integrity: The maintenance of high and consistent standards that hold up under scrutiny
- Respect: The acknowledgment, consideration, and regard for the unique contributions of all
- Excellence: The state of highest quality
- Accountability: The quality of being responsible for one's actions
- Creativity: A unique ability to develop innovation
- Honesty: A characteristic of being fair, truthful, and morally upright
The School of Nursing's goals...
- Educate a diverse population of students for professional nursing practice in a variety of settings.
- Provide educational access to geographically dispersed students through innovative programs and evolving technologies.
- Contribute to the scholarly development of the profession through integration of theory, research, and clinical practice.
- Provide an educational foundation to promote cultural competence, ethical sensitivity, leadership and life-long learning.
- Prepare for global improvement of healthcare through individual, collaborative, and interdisciplinary efforts.
- Provide an environment and infrastructure that supports faculty teaching, scholarship, research, service and practice.
- Provide a mechanism for continuous program assessment, evaluation, and improvement.