The mission of the Stony Brook School of Nursing is to prepare nurse leaders at all entries of practice to advance the health of the people of New York, the wider geographic regions and the global community with a focus on the underserved. This is accomplished through innovative, high quality and accessible educational programs, clinical practice, research and public service.
By the year 2020, the Stony Brook School of Nursing will be a top tier public school of nursing recognized for excellence in research, education and practice.
I REACH UP
The School of Nursing's goals...
- Educate a diverse population of students for professional nursing practice in a variety of settings.
- Provide educational access to geographically dispersed students through innovative programs and evolving technologies.
- Contribute to the scholarly development of the profession through integration of theory, research, and clinical practice.
- Provide an educational foundation to promote cultural competence, ethical sensitivity, leadership and life-long learning.
- Prepare for global improvement of healthcare through individual, collaborative, and interdisciplinary efforts.
- Provide an environment and infrastructure that supports faculty teaching, scholarship, research, service and practice.
- Provide a mechanism for continuous program assessment, evaluation, and improvement.