The Stony Brook University School of Nursing will be offering an internship in the Summer of 2019. The internship is a 3-credit elective course (course name: HNI 376). If accepted into this program, participants must pay the required fees associated with this 3-credit course.
Throughout the internship, students work alongside assigned preceptors to develop their nursing and time-management skills. Under the direct guidance of their preceptor, participants will have opportunities to practice wound care, suctioning, urinary catheter insertion, and other basic nursing skills. Participants will NOT be permitted to administer medications of any kind, administer blood products, start IVs, draw blood, or titrate vasoactive drips.
- Timeframe: Ten-week experience, begins mid May and concludes end of July (dates TBA)
- Preceptorship: Nursing interns are assigned to one preceptor on a designated unit
- Shifts: May work day or night shift
- Work requirement= three 12-hour shifts per week that follows preceptor’s schedule
- Vacation time: Vacation or requested time off is not permitted during the internship
- Pay: Bi-weekly paycheck at a rate determined by the University Hospital
- Undergraduate students who have completed their junior year of nursing school and will be entering their senior year in Fall 2019
- This internship is not open to students in an RN to BS program
Questions? Please email Dr. Abbate, Coordinator of Internship: email@example.com